Monday, December 6, 2010

Early morning workout !

WoW I can't believe it is already 11AM...
I went to bed early last night. I had only been up for 6 hours but I wanted to get back to regular sleep schedule and believe it or not I actually slept. I woke up at about 5:30 this morning and could not get back to sleep so finally at about 630 I got up.

I sat here thinking about going on my daily walk which is not quite daily yet but I am working on it.
I have gotten to the point where I just don't think about it. I just get up and do it. I was not looking forward to going out in the cold though. So I decided to workout on my treadmill.
I own a treadmill that sits at either a 10 or 20% incline. You have no choice in the matter. It is meant to burn twice the calories in the same amount of time.
So I got my shoes on,grabbed my water and IPOD and into the workout room I went. It has been a while since I have been in there LOL..It was a bit dusty!
I started out at a 1 and walked for a few minutes and bumped it up to a 2.5..wow that got my heart pumping and I started to sweat. I noticed I was a bit wobbly with my balance so I took it down to 2.2..This seems to be a good pace for me..I was dieing and drench in sweat by 30 minutes and just over a mile. I decided to go for 40 minutes so that I could compare it with my walking app..

I am all confused. When we walk outside we do 2.2 miles in 40 minutes and burn like 230 calories.
I sweat a little but not like I did today on the treadmill. The app also says that I walk at a 3.3 and that just can't be accurate.
When I finished with the treadmill I had walked at 2.2-2.5 in 40 minutes. My distance was 1.3mile and I burned 350 calories..
So as you can see one of these is not very accurate or both.
How is it in 40 minutes outside I can do 1 more mile in the same amount of time??? On the treadmill I am walking at an incline but still..
What do you think?? I mean I was drenched..But when I walk outside it is also kinda chilly.

Regardless I am getting a good workout in no matter which I choose and I am sure I will continue to do both.
The reason I am being so anal about this is because this morning I sat there with my calculator trying to figure out how many calories I need to burn each day to lose 4-5 pounds in a week..I just want to see if I am capable of it and what I discovered is that if I want to lose 4 pounds in a week I will have to do what I did this morning on the treadmill 3 more times today..OMG..I just don't see that happening. I am sure that I will go for another 2 mile walk with Jack but that treadmill busted my ass this morning..Which I guess is a good thing..

This morning for breakfast I had an orange,banana and Kashi cereal...Then an hour later I had 2 slices of toast one with peanut butter and sugar free jam and the other with honey..I have been craving this which is odd since I an not a big bread eater...I had the calories for it..But yeah I need to not make it a habit.

Something else I need to mention is that I started my period 2 weeks early??? I mean heck I was just on it 16 days ago..I am not happy to say the least and the scale may not show a loss AGAIN..ERRRRRRR
So this is why I ate as I did this morning...I was so hungry! It's better then what I would have chosen in the past..

Today I plan to finish decorating and when I do I will take lots of pics..
I also may venture into my closet and see what clothes fit better if any.,

2 comments:

  1. I also have a date with my treadmill this afternoon. Good going on your walk..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate those calorie-estimates that treadmills give us.. They are never accurate, because even if you put in your weight, and age, your metabolism might not be the same as another person your height and weight..

    So just realize that you are burning more calories than you were outside, probably, plus building endruance by doing the incline.. :)

    Good for you! Lookin forward to the pics.. yay Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete

You have sent a message to Renea's Skinny Love.
Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.
Make sure to check back daily. Don't forget to post your own link! I like reading your blogs too!
Have a great day!