Saturday, December 18, 2010

New Plan

Because I am in a HUGE plateau I had to sit down and think about EVERYTHING that I eat and what I should change up AGAIN!
Earlier this month I decided after reading Skinny Bitch to add in some more grains.
So for the last coupe of weeks it has been lots of stir frys with quinoa. I have been having fruit for breakfast and usually skip lunch.
Just about every day I have honey on something but usually on no sugar added ice cream.
I know how lame does that sound.
But at least it is natural! RIGHT???
looking back I know I am eating way to much honey. So looks like I am going to have to cut it out for a while.
I can do that. I have in the last 15 weeks cut so much out of my diet and made huge changes. There is no way that honey of all things will get the best of me.
Otherwise my diet is pretty flawless. There is the occasional Panda Express. There for a while it was once a week. But even that is not enough to keep me from loosing because on those days I had almost nothing to eat.

The only other thing is that I need to be more active. But that is not as easy as it sounds when you have MS. One day for me of say a 2 mile walk will put me out of commission for 3 plus days. I mean I can't move. I am either in bed or on the sofa.
So I am starting to think maybe just doing floor exercises. It will be some activity without overdoing it so much that I can't do anything for days.

All I know is that this scale needs to get moving.
I have been looking at other blogs and seeing how and what every one else loses.
There are many people that lose just as I do. About one pound a week on average. Then there are others that lose HUGE amounts and I just don't know how they do it. Some of them are just way more active then my body will allow.

So that is my plan for the next week or weeks.
NO HONEY
Floor exercises
I may also cut out some of the carbs.
I also plan to really watch the sodium. I don't eat processed food. So it will have to be added salt or natural sodium if there is such thing?? But I will track it.
If this does not work then I will just have to assume that this is the way my body loses weight and go with it.

4 comments:

  1. no honey!!!! You can do it!!!! Look how far you have come in such a short time, you are doing amazing!! You will have to do a post on the floor exercises you choose to do, so I can get some ideas... clearly... I NEED HELP!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the Skinny Bitch books! Their words are no-nonsense and yet funny too. Awesome books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is probably not a good idea that you are eating very little for breakfast and skipping lunch. Eating regularly throughout the day boosts your metabolism and will make you lose more weight. Also, when you aren't giving your body enough food, it will go into starvation mode and just store all of your food. It is really important to eat some form of protein for breakfast as that will keep you satisfied until your next snack or meal. I know it sounds like a crazy idea, but you can't eat very little and lose weight. Your body won't let you. And it sounds to me like you should probably be eating a little more. I eat 5-6 times a day. Goes like this: Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, Snack, Dinner, potential snack. Another thing that really helps weightloss is drinking LOTS of water. I did a blog post a while back about the benefits of drinking water. You should check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in complete agreement with Miranda even though you know as well as I do that I'm no princess when it comes to breakfast. 400-500 calories for breakfast, lunch and dinner or ... my absolute favorites are what I call "Hobbit days".

    Hobbits (from Lord of the Rings) eat 7 times a day. First breakfast, second breakfast, elevensies, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, and supper. A Hobbit day basically means eating 5-7 mini meals or snacks throughout the day (still staying under your calorie goal, whatever it may be). Hobbit days are really awesome because the habit of nibbling is just another way to trick your body. If it thinks "wow I'm getting food every few hours" it is less likely to hoard those calories like I mentioned in a previous comment.

    Floor exercises are awesome, don't knock em! :) They actually burn some really decent calories with low-impact, just be careful to rotate the portion of your body that you work out, this should reduce the potential for MS flares. According to my brother ab work-outs are freebies but every other part of the body should be worked only once per week. I don't necessarily follow a routine because I do whatever I'm in the mood for on a day-to-day basis but his recommendation is cardio one day, then upper body the next, then abs, then cardio again, then lower body, then abs again, and then rest on the seventh day. I don't rest because if I do I'll play hell trying to get off my ass the next day ... but with MS a rest day would probably be really healthy.

    If you aren't already tracking somewhere you might consider setting up a free account at CalorieCount.com or LiveStrong.com. If you're not counting your calories in that's totally ok, but if you're going to be do doing floor exercises it might interest you to know how many calories you're burning with them ... I bet you will be pleasantly surprised. :) It's best to create a profile though because both websites calculate caloric burn based on weight and daily lifestyle. I work on computers and don't count my daily exercise as part of my lifestyle (because I'm trying to lose weight not maintain it) so I list my lifestyle as sedentary.

    ReplyDelete

You have sent a message to Renea's Skinny Love.
Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.
Make sure to check back daily. Don't forget to post your own link! I like reading your blogs too!
Have a great day!