Friday, December 17, 2010

REJECTING 300

Thanks for your reply. I wanted to make sure you got this. So I am making it a post!

REJECTING300....
Thanks for your reply!
It makes complete sense to me and in fact about 2 months ago I noticed and even posted that on the weeks where I ate more I seemed to lose more.

It happened to be the weeks that I had Panda Express for dinner. I was good all week and on Friday for two weeks my husband brought Panda Express home and on both those weeks I lost weight. Quite a bit of weight.Last night I was not feeling good and he brought dinner home again. I am curious if it will happen again. Since I WAS feeling so horrible I did not eat but a couple hundred calories of it. Probably about half of my dinner.
Being at a "stall" for weeks really sucks and I am hoping it gets moving very soon!
This next week I am going to try eating all 3 meals. Lately I have been just having breakfast which is fruit and then I have dinner and maybe sugar free ice cream. I don't think I am even hitting 1200. That may be the problem. My body thinks I am starving and is hanging on to those calories that I AM eating!
I will add some calories this week and see what happens. I will for sure to let you know!


This is what I love about blogging. I get great support and answers from people I would otherwise never speak too..
This whole plateau has been driving me crazy!!!!
I work my butt off for a month and get no where.
What I keep trying to tell myself is that it does not matter how long it takes to get there. Just that I DO get there. It may take 6 months or a year. But the time does not matter because this new way of eating is a lifetime thing. It does not end when I reach goal. But when you work so hard to achieve something and you don't see any results it makes me feel as though I am failing. But I do know that there is no way that I can go through this process of losing over 50 pounds and it be perfect from beginning to end.

7 comments:

  1. I know how you feel about nothing happening. My scales did not move at all this week. I was so disappointed. Have a great weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  2. just B.R.E.A.T.H.E. dont get to stressed, and enjoy the new changes. Trust me, working your butt off, ends up screwing you! MS wise of course! Which then, puts you right back to square two, because clearly you will still eat great, but move EVEN less. I needed to read this! Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! It can be frustrating when the scale doesn't move - but to look on the positive side, it's not moving upward either!!

    Enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been a major source of support for me on my blog so it makes me feel good that I could return the favor. :) Even though I don't have MS and I know that I can't even imagine how much harder it must be for you to take this journey with that kind of pain, I can almost guarantee you that someone out there is in your exact shoes. You are never ever alone.

    Just out of curiosity, (and forgive my ignorance regarding MS) but does low-impact exercise help at all, like swimming? If so, and if you don't have access to an indoor pool, I Googled "maricopa public year round pools" and got a decent number of hits on it. I know these places can sometimes be pricey but if you need to have a jump-start day and the MS is making it hard for you to go that extra mile you might consider a one-day pass to a pool to relieve some of the pressure.

    My scale was identical last week to what it was the week before so I am nervous and anxious about stepping on it this coming Monday and seeing what it says. The important thing is to not give up, sooner or later your body will adjust to your new lifestyle because, what choice does it have? Even though stalling may feel like failing, it's really not, only giving up is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do have really good friends that also have MS and MY MOM..So I have lots of support there.

    Swimming is good for MS.. It takes the pressure off and is great excersise. I don't have a pool and when you did a "maricopa" search that brought up most of the citys of phoenix,mesa,tempe,chandler and so on becuase maricopa is the county. I just happen to live in Maricopa THE TOWN. It is a small town about an hour from any of those pools. But you could not have know that. Thanks for looking that up.

    Usually after I have maintained I have a big loss but sometimes not. So we will see come wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I came here from a link on Trish's page & am glad I did :) I know just what you mean about slow and then big losses after nothing for awhile. That's how it's been with me. It took me from August till now to lose 17 lbs before a 6 lb loss last week. I'll probably have a gain this week even though I've followed my program *shrug* I'll maintain or gain/lose small amts and then have a big loss maybe once a month. You hit the nail on the head though. The most important thing is that although it's a diet, it's also a lifestyle thing. You may not get there as fast as someone else does but you WILL get there as long as you keep plugging along even on those weeks where you gain for no reason.

    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was sometimes very frustrating and be easily be demotivated when our body has mind of his own. Meaning, even if we really into a "diet" to loose weight by controlling ourselves from eating and have an exercise to burn fats, our bodies needs to be feed at all times. A Phoenix gastric bypass surgeon said that, more and more people are suffering form their obesity due to one reason. Our bodies has its routine of having fed in most of the times. So, when we feel like we are hungry, our bodies has its scheduled from taking food from unscheduled meals. Which means, we are getting more fatter from this routines.

    ReplyDelete

You have sent a message to Renea's Skinny Love.
Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.
Make sure to check back daily. Don't forget to post your own link! I like reading your blogs too!
Have a great day!